Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I've broken the code to Life!

I have always been trying to figure a secret code, a way out, a hack to the back door programming of Life.
Ever since I saw the "Matrix" I've always wondered what if there's a way, a way to cheat the rules, to make everything happen just the way I want it to...
When we came into this world, we were not given an API (Application Programming Interface) to life, but that does not mean it does not exist and what's more, if we can find it, maybe we can tweak Life just the way we want it.
So began my quest, I experimented with a lot of systems, religion, philosophy, theology, gastronomy...ok that last one had nothing to do with my search but what can I say, I love food!
Anyway, the fact is that I've discovered it!!! It exists!!! Yay for me but what's even cooler is that Yay for all of you too, cause I'm about to share the secret.
But before I begin, I need to expel some myths. So remember how everyone told us as kids that we need to pray to God and he will get rid of our troubles, Well there was some truth to that...but not in the way you would think. You see God is an idea and if enough people believed in "him" then he would become real, he would gain power and we could then use that power, it was a genius idea but it was flawed.
It gave rise to religion, dogma and fundamentalism but the idea in itself was brilliant.
So I started to think about it in a different way. God became powerful because we, collectively chose to believe in him, so similarly if we collectively chose to believe in something else, would that gain power too? and more importantly could we then control that power?
The answer is all around us to see. In the advertising world it is clear that "perception" is reality. It does not even have to be true but if enough people believe it to be true, it becomes reality...that was my aha moment.
Now the same can be applied to everything in life...all I need, to get everything I ever want, is to get enough people to think about it, to believe it will happen and voila! It will manifest itself. That's it! Thats the API to life.
So here starts my experiment, whatever we want, all we have to do is gather enough people to lend their thoughts to it and it will happen, I still have to figure out what the critical mass is for something like this but from my initial calculations the more unlikely the scenario, the higher the critical mass needed.
So, if your from Bhutan and you want to be The President of America the critical mass would probably be 7 billion, which incidentally is the population of the planet. So saving such insane delusions of grandeur, I think most of the stuff we want, can be made possible with fewer people involved.
Either way, this is a working hypothesis, so go out experiment and come back to me with the results. It's going to be awesome!!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

  1. Hi Uday, the article was really nice. Reading it I wonder what educational/technical background you have, talking about APIs, playing with gadgets and all :D ...I mean writing this post on an iPad! showing off the Macs in your studio... its been going on for a while!!!
    Would love it, if you through some light on it !
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Uday,
    I agree with you but in this busy word when one has personal goals it's gonna be very difficult to find time and incline other people to lend a tough, leave aside believe in your thought or action eventually resulting into the expected result. Phewww that's confusing :P what is personally feel is for your own goals and aspirations you need to believe astrongly in'em and keep imagining 'em to be true and it dose happen, I've tried it last year by setting 3 goals and all three did come true and I didn't even realize it was happening :) Best of Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A tantalizing thought. Something like this was mentioned in one of Dan Browns novels (the name of which, of course, i forgot). And he supposedly got to know all these secret info from somewhere (very Dan Brown-ish :D)!

    But the above said thing are probably true. No one has seen God yet their faith is un-dogged (if that's a word). It probably brought Amitabh Bachchan back to life when the entire nation prayed for him. So maybe, maybe not. But, what is life without the search for nirvana. We don't realize, but that's the only thing we all want... absolute freedom.

    An escape from life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It makes sense ... Christians make prayer chain to someone who needs help, so ... how many people have to get together to go to India to watch a recording of bollywood? ... :-P

    ReplyDelete