Friday, March 23, 2012

Becoming an iPad...

I come across a lot of stress and unhappiness these days. Everyone is battling with some kind of depression and a general feeling of melancholy. It seems that the ones who laugh the loudest are the ones hiding the greatest pain.
All this is alarming...are we becoming a race of disgruntled and disillusioned people? Is there a way out?
That's when I hit upon the idea...there is a way out!
My love for apple products and technology in general got me thinking. Machines always seem to be "happy", ok fine, it may be just me but even if they are not happy, they sure as hell ain't sad either.
So my point is that maybe to feel human again, we need to first become less human, become machines, non emotional, no happiness, no sadness, just busy crunching numbers...oblivious, like an iPad
Ya ok I am partial to Apple, so sue me, but you can become any machine of your choice, just choose one and go with it. The important thing is that you believe in it, really really believe in it. So say if you decide to become a washing machine, you should really feel like one...I mean really believe that that's your sole purpose, you should live for that spin cycle, detergent should be your first love and softener your mistress. I know this sounds funny, well naturally it is, I mean it's me! But there's a truth to it. You see what happens in this way of thinking is that you re-boot your brain into what I call the "safe mode". Here there are no emotions, no feelings, only reality and doing. You read your life like a robot, and then you can change what is not working, much like an offending piece of bad programming. You eradicate it from your life, add what you want and then re-boot back to "human".
This is a working hypothesis for me, not yet a theory but I've had varying degrees of success with it. I of course have become an iPad so naturally I'm more inclined to start looking at life as swipes and pinches, but hey I do that anyway! Either way, try it, it just might work for you and if it does, invent an app for it!
010100110111010001100001011110010010000001000011011011110110111101101100
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

6 comments:

  1. You're becoming a machine?
    No good, totally no good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!kya likha hai.
    i was just feeling like that i was reading advertisement of apple 1997
    mind blowing

    ReplyDelete
  3. become a machine no no. i feel we should just leave everything in our life for a day or 2 and rediscover our existence or just reboot our selves but not in the "safe mode"

    ReplyDelete
  4. would be nice if it were easy, simply delete our programming a file that is not good for the proper functioning of our lives. The problem is suddenly exclude an essential file and we do not know ... I know that machines do not exitariam to delete the program because it can be downloaded again, but this can not be done in our lives.

    ReplyDelete